On June 23 2013 - one month after we first met during a buzzing night out in Copenhagen - Oliver uttered the words "I want to be yours" to Elin. Exactly five years of travels and adventures later - on June 23 2018 - we are getting married in dreamy Andalucía. We are beyond excited to invite you to share this special day with us. More details will follow, for now, find travel details and FAQ below.
Location & nearest airport
Our outdoor wedding will be held in the garden of the secluded Casa del Rio, 1.5 km from the whitewashed, Moorish mountain village of Benahávis - known for its excellent regional food.
Make it a vacation!
Andalucía is home to The Alhambra in Granada, the Mezquita in Córdoba, the Alcazar and the Barrio de Santa Cruz in Seville. But beyond the beaten path awaits an enchanting world of Moorish charm in the picturesque Pueblos Blancos. These quiet hilltop towns are distinguished by their simple whitewashed houses influenced by the North African Berber architecture. Get an introduction to the Pueblos Blancos here and an overview of Andalucía here.
Near Benahávis: Marbella (25m), 'Los Pueblos Blancos', (1-2.5h), Almería (3h), Morocco (3h), Portugal (4h).
Lovely accommodation options await you in Benahavís close to where the wedding venue is located. While there are many villages within reach, Benahavís is by far the closest to the wedding. See our recommended hotel as well as other options below.
Gran Hotel Benahavís SPA
Wedding deal! We have made a special deal with the beautiful Gran Hotel Benehávis SPA, 1,5km from the wedding venue. If you seek optimal convenience and value for money while getting a luxury hotel experience including complimentary SPA treatments, this place is for you.
- 2-3 Nights: 112.5€/night for a standard double/twin room
- 5 Nights: 108.5€/night for a standard double/twin room
- 7 Nights: 104.5€/night for a standard double/twin room
Prices Include: Breakfast buffet, 10% VAT, 1 hour SPA time per person per every 2 nights booked (includes access to sauna, the jacuzzis, gym, etc. OBS! SPA treatment not included but the hotel offers a discount of 15% for any treatment).
Booking instructions: email email@example.com and mention "Elin Johnsson and Oliver Nyrop-Larsen’s wedding" to benefit from the special deal. Book your SPA treatments in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extra beds available (1/room). Contact hotel for info.
- Upgrade to Superior Room or Bungalow: 30€/night per room (10% VAT Inc.)
- Upgrade to 1 bedroom Suite: 50€/night per room (10% VAT Inc.)
- For families, there are a few options:
- 1 double room + 1 extra bed + baby cot
- 2 bungalows
- 1 Suite of 2 bedrooms (Price of 2 bedrooms + supplement for the Suite)
Other ACCOMMODATION options
- Amanhavis - an elegant boutique style haven in Benahávis. Information and rates here.
- El Casar Apartments - convenient apartment complex in Benahávis. Information and rates here.
- Airbnb has a few great options in Benahávis and surroundings!
- Nearby towns - Puerto Banús (14 km), Marbella (20 km) and Estepóna (25 km) are all in within 15-30 minutes drive away. We recommend to research accommodation on Airbnb and Booking.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I want to make a speech! Who is the Toastmaster? A: who else than our beloved friend Faraz! Let him know if you want to make a speech: email@example.com.
Q: Dress code? A: Free spirited / Smart Casual. (Ladies, we will be on a lawn; choose your footwear accordingly and feel free to kick them off at any time)
Q: How hot will it be? A: Historical avg. for 23/6: 26°, this year: 33°.
Q: Where is the pre-wedding? A: The Farm in Old Town Marbella! We will start at 19.00.
Q: I can only make it to the actual wedding, is that OK? A: of course!
Q: Are kids allowed? A: unless you have a newborn, we ask you to please try not bring your kids. As much as we love them, they would make up 20% of the party if everyone brought their little ones :) we want you all to be able to dance all night long! Hope you understand!
Q: Why Spain? A: ¿por qué no? :)
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org